29 June 2015

Hunt for island artist

I've received an email from a Raymond Island visitor who is trying to locate an artist from the Island...

"I am hoping that you can help me. There is/was an artist living on Raymond Island who I purchased some clay bats as well as a clay/ceramic mask from many years ago and I want to track him down.

He originally lived in South Australia and moved to Raymond Island as he attended the markets in and around Melbourne and sold his clay works. He also attended some Sydney art/craft festivals.

I have purchased many pieces from him, but in moving some have been broken and I want to replace them. I do not know his name, but his work is unique. His bats showed bats in different aspects of flight and about 14cm in size  and his masks had horse hair around them for effect."

If you can help, please email: Raymond Island Net and I'll pass on your news to our visitor.

Cheers, 
Jane Ponting
Webmaster